Evangelical Orthodoxy

Politics, News, Faith, Fun

Friday, June 01, 2007

The folks over at the Outhouse are really working themselves up into a tizzy as the SBC Convention looms. I wonder what all these pastors did before they blogged all day. Few of them pastor large churches, so maybe there is not a lot to do ... but sure more sermon preparation time is valuable (I have read some of the exegeses over there, trust me).

It is easy to throw stones. I acknowledge that. I am just fascinated by the perpetual state of political chaos that seems to surround the SBC. I just wonder how much more for the Kingdom could be done if more time were spent visiting the sick and the lost or feeding the poor. Clearly, many of these once-unknown pastors haver turned blogging into celebrity status. Good for them. It is nice at least to see a little egalitarianism break into the good-ole boys network. One can see lots of jockeying on both sides - fundamentalist and really fundamentalist - for positions of future power plays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home