Evangelical Orthodoxy

Politics, News, Faith, Fun

Monday, October 06, 2008

Election
It is about a month out, and I still am undecided. I probably will vote Libertarian. I do not like McCain's foreign policy, and I think Obama is unqualified. Philosophically, I am closer to the McCain middle than the extreme left of Obama. I fear both offer just more of the same. At least McCain warned of the impending crisis of Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae while Obama counts former Freddie/Fannie execuitves as economic advisers.

I really have become a single-issue voter: BALANCE THE BUDGET! I am convinced, neither will. McCain will pour more money down the Iraq black hole while Obama wants to double our payout to third-world dictators. I really do want change, but Washington does not. It wants just more of the same.

Blasphemy, but I think Sarah Palin offers the only fresh voice or potential change among the four. Unfortunately, the media began ruthlessly crucifying her the second she was announced, so I am confident she did not get a fair shake - at least fair in the sense of the same standard applied to the other guys.

Alas ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home