Evangelical Orthodoxy

Politics, News, Faith, Fun

Sunday, December 10, 2006

GodMen

The GodMen post below got quite a reaction from my dear friend Meg ... I cannot say that I blame her. GodMen is one of those popular phenomena whereby we try to place a "Jesus face" on our popular lifestyles. My favorite example of this are the Christian trophy hunters: "Let's kill a bear for Jesus." These are part of that same megachurch movement that preachers prosperity and Starbucks. I think it all rolls under that fundamental question - will you be transformed by the Gospel or will you transform the Gospel? For Americans, who love cheap grace more than $4 coffee, I think it in most cases will be the latter. We want to live our lives and find way to incorporate Jesus. Hence, we have the cussing Jesus of GodMen.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Vernon Bowen said...

GodMen is amazing, and you should all stop ripping into it. You have no idea the kind of surge from the Holy Spirit (we GodMen known it has the Xtreme HS) one feels when he lets fly an F-bomb out his car window at the guy with the old Kerry/Edwards sticker that just cut him off on the highway. It f--king awesome!!!
So, screw your little nit-pick, play-by-the-rules, follow some lame seasonal liturgical year worship Christianity! My faith could kick your faith's ass!
[cue solidaritous grunts from my huntin' buddies]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home